If you have ever tried to rid your toilet of a clog, you’ll know it’s not as easy as it should be! These blogs will help your toilet unclog with ease.
Some popular ways to unclog a toilet are using vinegar, boiling water, and a plunger. Most people try these techniques on their own first before seeking professional assistance. However, if nothing seems to work for you then the experts might have some tricks up their sleeves that can save the day.
Step-by-step Guide on how to unclog toilet
- Remove all waste in the toilet. Take out the flapper and clean off any debris that is trapped in there.
- Disinfect the toilet bowl and drain with bleach or other disinfective agent to kill any germs.
- Add several drops of dishwashing detergent (and antibacterial soap) to a pan of hot water; use a turkey baster to draw up a small amount of detergent from the hot water into your sink. Pour the detergent into your sink until it’s nearly full; add another bucket of warm water to dilute the detergent, then pour this mixture into your clogged toilet.
- Add a couple of drops of concentrated fizzy bleach to your mixture and pour it into the toilet.
- Cover the toilet with a few towels or some old rags, then wait for about 5 to 10 minutes before flushing.
- Flush the toilet several times to completely dissolve the clog; use a plunger if necessary.
Using Vinegar to unclog toilet
“As vinegar is acidic, it may be able to dissolve some toilet clogs which are made from mineral deposits.”
A lot of people like using white vinegar because it’s cheap, easy to obtain, and can be used in many household cleaning products.
If you are not familiar with this method, just follow these steps and you will see your toilet unclog as soon as possible.
You can also use baking soda as a cheaper alternative to vinegar. Follow the same steps on how to unclog toilet but instead of using vinegar, use baking soda.
Follow these steps:
1) Pour some warm water into a bucket, then add a few drops of dishwashing detergent, then pour it into the toilet.
2) Add some vinegar in, and stir the mixture until it’s dissolved completely.
3) Use a plunger to get rid of the shaft if necessary; wait a few minutes before emptying the tank again.
4) Like unclogging the kitchen sink, repeat the process if necessary until the toilet unclogs.
Boiling water to unclog toilet
Another way on how to unclog toilet is boiling water. This method can work for stubborn clogs such as grease, paper towels, and soften some mineral deposits that are embedded in toilets. It may take some time to get the clog out of your toilet using this method but it is worth trying before calling in a plumber. Follow these steps:
1) Remove all waste from the toilet basin first.
2) Dump a gallon of boiling water down your bowl; try not to splash water everywhere because it might burn you or cause an overflowing accident if done improperly.
3) Let the toilet bowl stand for a while to let the water cool. While waiting, use a plunger to attempt to unclog the toilet. Repeat this process if necessary.
4) Once you see the clog is gone, try flushing your toilet; if it still doesn’t work, repeat this procedure once more.