Do you crave ice cream on a hot day? Are you tired of driving all over town looking for the perfect flavor? Well, look no further! We have just what you’re looking for. Read this post to know about making home-made ice-cream.
Making homemade ice cream is not only easy, but it is fun too! There are so many flavors to choose from-chocolate chip cookie dough, strawberry shortcake, blueberry cheesecake-the possibilities are endless. Your family will love this recipe because it’s so simple and delicious. It’s also great for making with kids since it involves so little effort on their part.
Step-By-Step Guide on how to make home made ice cream
- Firstly, you’ll need a large, heavy-duty pot with a lid.
- Next, in the pot you’ll need to add the plastic bag of cream and the can of sweetened condensed milk. I recommend using a plastic bag since it’s light and easier to handle than plastic wrap.
- Now you’ll want to place the pot over low heat and stir continuously until the mixture starts to thicken. Make sure you stir frequently so that it doesn’t burn on the bottom of the pot or get too thick on top.
- Once it is thick enough, lower heat and cover with a lid for about 30 minutes on medium heat. This step is important because it allows the sweetened condensed milk to be dissolved properly.
- After 30 minutes, remove lid and add chocolate chips and vanilla ice cream to the ice cream base. Stir continuously until melted completely.
- Pour mixture into a bowl or container and freeze for 8 hours or overnight. If you’re in a rush, simply place in freezer for about two hours (on a contained tray) and then transfer to a freezer bag.
- Now that your homemade ice cream is done, enjoy it on its own, or use it in other recipes such as cheesecake or desserts.
Happy ice cream making!
FAQs about ice cream
–Is vanilla ice cream healthy?
It’s mostly made up of heavy cream. It is low in cholesterol and saturated fats, but it can be high in calories, depending on the ingredients used (sometimes nuts or chocolate chips are added). Vanilla ice cream is considered a healthier choice because it does not contain any artificial flavors or colors.
–What about banana ice cream?
Banana has a distinct flavor that may not appeal to all people, so be sure you’re okay with the taste before adding it to your recipe. The bananas will add sweetness as well as texture and thickness.
–Is low fat ice cream healthier?
If you are concerned about fat and calories, then choose a low-fat or non-fat ice cream. They will be lower in calories than the regular varieties. Some brands add low-calorie sweeteners such as aspartame to reduce even more of the calorie count. These sweeteners can affect how the taste of your homemade ice cream recipe.
If you want the full flavor, opt for full fat varieties. Remember to limit your serving sizes; a half cup of vanilla ice cream has about 220 calories in it. That’s just under 10 percent of your recommended daily intake.
–How much ice cream should I eat?
There are two answers to this question. First, is it okay to eat ice cream in a diet? The second answer is how much ice cream can I eat before getting a stomach ache. And the first answer is yes: you can have a small amount of ice cream in your diet. But remember that like any other food product-too much can be bad for you.
It all depends on what flavor you choose and also, if any toppings are added such as syrups and chocolate sauce. If your homemade ice cream has nuts or fruit pieces, they add extra calories, fat and sugar to the recipe.