The key to making a delicious and creamy frosting is to mix the cream cheese into the butter before adding in the powdered sugar. This prevents clumping of the sugar, making this frosting easy to spread and get perfect results.
This frosting is perfect for spreading on cupcakes or cake! You can also pipe it on with a piping bag if you prefer decorations other than finger food.
With all the dripped on counters or misshapen swirls, you’ll never have that problem! And don’t worry about getting a little extra cream cheese mixture on your finger, it will just be an added decoration.
Step by step Guide on how to make frosting with cream cheese
- Firstly, separate the cream cheese from its pack.
- Then, in a bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- At this point you want to beat the butter in to coat any remaining granules and slowly add in the powdered sugar a little bit at a time.
- You can mix the frosting with electric or hand mixer until it has reached your desired consistency. This frosting is perfect for spreading on cupcakes or cake! You can also pipe it on with a piping bag if you prefer decorations other than finger food.
Also Read: How to make a potato cake?
FAQs about frosting
1. How do I make frosting with cream cheese?
- To make it simple, simply follow the steps for making a frosting with cream cheese above.
2) How many calories are in frosting with cream cheese?
- Forty calories per serving if you have a large amount of frosting.
3) How long does the cake last?
- If you eat it within 2 hours of making it, it should be fine (up to 5 days). If left out longer than that, the cake starts to get on the dry side and will crack once you try to slice into it.