This is a recipe for chocolate cake. Making chocolate cake from scratch is much more delicious than any boxed mix and can be done in less time. There are just two ingredients in this recipe, and it’s easy to measure and mix together. The directions are simple, but makes this dish one of the best desserts you will ever eat!
Step-by-step guide for making a chocolate cake
1. Measure flour, sugar and cocoa powder into a bowl.
2. Add “canola” oil and eggs to the flour mixture, then beat well until mixed thoroughly.
3. Stir in baking soda and baking powder into the mixture and beat well one more time.
4. Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a separate bowl and add about 1/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips to it (chopped into small bits).Beat with an electric beater for about 2 minutes until smooth consistency is reached. Only add about 1/4 cup of chocolate chips, adding more will make the cake too sweet.
5. This part is the easiest– stir everything together,’folding’ in the chocolate syrup until well mixed. Pour into a greased pan and bake for approximately 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes before serving with ice cream or whipped cream.
Recommended: How to make a potato cake?
- Use a medium sized bowl filled with flour, sugar and cocoa powder to ensure that it doesn’t spill over your measuring cup. You can also use a sifter to add ingredients quickly into the bowl avoiding spill over or clumping.
- When folding in the chocolate syrup into the cake mixture, be sure not to over-mix or it will create a fluffy texture.
- Use a spatula to fold in each ingredient. Fold ingredients until blended, but do not stir. You can also use a large spoon, but don’t bring the sides of the bowl down too much, as this will break down your egg-whites.
- Try this recipe today and it’ll one of your favorites!
Nancy’s Chocolate Cake Recipe updated September 10th 2018
Quick facts about chocolate cakes
-There are many types of chocolate cakes to choose from, like chocolate mousse cake, chocolate truffle cake, chocolate fudge cake and more.
-There are also many different ways to make them, like with chocolate frosting on top or in between layers of moist chocolate cake.
-They can also be filled with whipped cream, ice cream, or fruit. There are some even filled with savory flavors like pizza and tuna salad!
-Chocolate desserts have a very unique flavor and are always a hit with kids and adults alike.
-Chocolate cakes don’t need much time to be prepared, making them perfect for a quick dessert.
-The “icing” used with chocolate cakes is simply whipped cream, which makes the dessert light and fluffy.
-Chocolate cakes are a must try for all chocolate lovers.
-The best chocolate cakes are those made with rich mixtures of ingredients like cocoa powder and butter. -Chocolate cakes can also be prepared in other types of mixers, such as pastry cream or even buttermilk.
Hope this article helped, and your chocolate cake has become delicious.