How to lose your leg/thigh fat?
If you spend your life worrying about your thigh size, losing your thigh fat or the appearance of cellulite on your legs, you better stop. It turns out that thigh fat is not always good for you. New research suggests that excessive fat around the thighs can cause diabetes, heart disease, and other health issues.
So how does this happen? Well first off, excess weight in the lower body is related to insulin resistance which can lead to diabetes. The fat cells in our lower body have more receptors for insulin, so it is easier for the fat to store the insulin.
Best Tips to Lose Thigh Fat
Do you know how to lose leg/thigh fat? If so, you should know that the answer is simple: Eat a healthy diet and exercise. Here are 3 things that you can do to lose leg/thigh fat:
- Swap high carb for low carb
One of the mistakes that many people make when dieting is to cut down on the amount of carbs they eat and increase the amount of protein they eat. This is not a good idea because your body needs carbohydrates in order to maintain energy levels and keep your metabolism working properly.
A low carb diet can cause your body to become insulin resistant, so pay attention to the amount of carbohydrates you eat. Try to keep the ratio of high carb: low carb at 40:40. If you have diabetes, you have to keep careful track of your blood sugar with a blood glucose meter at all times. This is why I highly recommend using one.
These are some examples of high-carb foods: white bread, white rice, potatoes, pasta and corn tortillas.
Examples of low-carb foods: meat, poultry, fish and shellfish, eggs and nuts. Avoid fast food, in particular hamburgers because they have a lot of carbs.
- Eat healthy fats
The body needs a certain amount of fat to function properly. However, eating too many fats can cause your body to store fat in the waistline area and other parts of your body including your thighs. The best way to reduce the amount of fat you eat is to eat healthy fats such as olive oil and fish oil (not cod liver oil).
Also Read: Can I lose 5 Pounds in a Week?
Eating fish is a great way to get omega-3 fatty acids which promote the growth and development of the brain, eyes and nervous system. Examples include salmon and tuna.
- Eat protein
Protein is an important part of a healthy diet. Protein helps to maintain the muscles and helps you avoid muscle loss when you are eating less calories. Also, protein can help keep your metabolism working properly because it has thermogenic properties, meaning it raises your metabolism which causes you to burn more calories throughout the day.
Best Exercises to Lose Thigh Fat
- Walking is one of the best exercises for an overall body workout. It is also good for your heart and lungs, so it improves your breathing capacity. Walking helps to detoxify the body, and it lowers your blood pressure and bad cholesterol. Walking is also a great exercise for losing weight because it burns more calories than other exercises.
- Skipping rope can burn up to 1000 calories in an hour! However, you should make sure you don’t jump on a hard surface if you have bad knees or back problems. Skipping rope is a good exercise to tone the calves and legs and improve coordination. Read up on the best skipping ropes before buying one.
- Dance, run and walk. These are great exercises for increasing your calorie burn. However, make sure you balance other activities with these exercises to prevent injury or muscle straining.
- Cycling is a great form of exercise because it burns fat, increases your endurance and will improve your cardiovascular fitness. There are many different types of bikes to choose from all of which can help you lose leg/thigh fat. If you are new to cycling, start out slowly so you get used to the shocks in the road and the wind in your face while you ride.
- Jumping rope is a fun way to burn calories while improving coordination and fitness levels in your lower body.
There you have it: Simple tips on how to lose thigh/leg fat. It might seem difficult at first but with some discipline, eating healthy and exercising will become second nature to you.