If you’re looking for a super simple and tasty dish to prepare, look no further than this recipe for cooking roast in crock pot. All you’ll need is some beef cut into large chunks, salt and pepper, canned tomatoes, onions (minced), garlic (minced), olive oil or vegetable oil, onions & carrots (diced), celery sticks, thyme sprigs or one tablespoon dried thyme leaves. One of the best parts about this recipe is that there are so many variations you can try. For starters, use any type of onion instead of only red onion if desired.
Ok, into the point…
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Cook Roast in Crock Pot
- Turn your crock pot on high and add 1/2 cup of oil. The amount of oil you use will depend on the amount of meat and vegetables you’re cooking.
- Add the onions, carrots and celery sticks to the pot and brown them for 3 minutes or until they start becoming soft. Do not burn them.
- Add garlic to the pot and cook for another minute, stirring frequently. Make sure it does not burn as well.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, thyme and tomatoes over the vegetables; add beef chunks over this mixture. The tomatoes here is optional if you decide not to put it in, it will still taste great without it though just a bit too bland for my taste buds..
- Cover the pot, set the crock pot on high and cook this for 12 hours.
- Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.
Recommended: How & What to Cook with Deer Meat?
If you cover your meat with tomato mixture, you should not use cheese or sour cream in your recipe. You can also try cooking it in a slow cooker instead of a crockpot but make sure to turn the heat off after 8 hours of setting time. Along with that for any beef dish, add beef broth so that it does not dry out as much when cooking it.
So there you have it! That’s how to cook roast in crock pot. Enjoy!