If you are going to cook a can of black beans, but you don’t know how to do it, you will find these steps really helpful.
- The first thing you’ll need to do is open the can and pour out the beans.
- Next, rinse and drain them in a colander so they will soak up some of the salt and be ready for cooking.
- The next step is to put them in a pot full of water with some tomato sauce, onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, beef bouillon cubes or just plain beef bouillon powdered mix.
- You can also add green bell pepper to your recipe as well as cilantro without it being too overpowering.
- If you want more flavor then add some ketchup or hot sauce once they’re done cooking. After you have finished all of that, turn the stove on medium heat and let them simmer for about 2 or 3 hours.
Then you will have great black beans. Easy to make, no?
It is my hope that this article is helpful and easy to follow. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me in the comments section below. I hope you enjoy making this dish as much as I did.
Also Read: How & What to Cook With Deer Meat?
Some facts about black beans
-Black beans were the first food to be discovered by the ancient Aztecs 200 years ago.
-The Aztecs used black beans for ceremonies, saying they were lucky.
-Most black bean crops grown today in Mexico are produced by small farmers working by hand, and have a low rate of mechanization; however, there are over 6 million haciendas producing millions of tons of beans per year.
-A new variety of black beans is continually being developed by modern breeding methods.
–Black beans are high in fiber (7 grams per cup) and provide you with a healthy dose of protein (22 grams per cup).
-Aztecs would cook the same black beans in different ways depending on the region.
If you want to make your own black bean sauce, then Click here for the recipe.