You may be detecting some symptoms of anxiety and looking for some valuable preventive tips to control it. If so, this post may prove helpful to your concern. Anxiety is an overwhelming fear or worry about the future. This fear can be caused by something that has not happened, something that might happen, or even a simple situation that you think may lead to a catastrophe. There are various symptoms of anxiety which vary in severity and intensity. One of these symptoms is the feeling of dread and impending doom as your muscles get tense, your heart starts pounding and you lose breath before you even realize it’s happening. The worst part about this sensation is that it often becomes out of control. If you are in search of ways to control anxiety, you will certainly find some valuable tips to handle the anxiety properly.
In my experience, anxiety attacks can be the most difficult thing to overcome. After all, who wants to suffer from a disastrous outcome when it is completely preventable? However, I have found that anxiety is often a beneficial emotion because it can be used as an alarm signal to help you avoid deadly situations. Your body has ways of signaling when your life is in danger, and this message may come in the form of a panic attack.
You think that the only solution left is death. This thought creates even more anxiety than you had before, which naturally makes you even more depressed.
Control Anxiety Tips to Prevent Valuable Life
Of course. We need to control anxiety for a healthy mind-body relation, which is valuable for achieving real meaning of life. Let’s take a look at some ways you can start controlling your feelings of anxiety:
- Educate yourself on the cause of your anxiety. If you are experiencing panic attacks because of a specific situation, then you need to find out how it came about.
- Face anxious situations head on. Anxiety attacks often occur because you avoid a situation that makes you uncomfortable or because you fear a negative result from an experience.
- Have time for yourself during the day but make sure that you spend time with people who are supportive of.
- Avoid stimulating activity in which it takes all your concentration just to stay focused. For example, try listening to music without moving any muscles, or staring at nothing until it becomes boring.
- One of the most precious methods to control anxiety is to accept that it is perfectly natural and healthy for your body to have fear in certain situations. This does not mean that you are weak or helpless if you experience feelings of anxiety. Social learning theory teaches us that humans acquire fears as a result of observing other people in similar situations. Thus, when an individual has the means and opportunity to observe others who have successfully avoided an anxiety attack, he or she will likely follow suit. This can be helpful in preventing future panic attacks, but only if you are willing to learn from the experiences of others.
When you feel anxious, try using the following techniques to calm yourself down.
Techniques to Calm yourself Down
- Breathing techniques such as deep breathing, abdominal breathing or diaphragmatic breathing. For example, practice a series of abdominal breathing for 30 seconds until your anxiety subsides.
- While talking of tips to control anxiety, nother valuable technique of controlling it is talk to someone you trust when you experience anxiety episodes. Talk to a friend or family member who will listen and understand what is happening in your life and can help ease your nervousness and paranoia. If you are unable to talk to anyone, many hospitals have curtained-off areas where individuals may literally scream at the top of their lungs without anyone hearing them!
- Practicing progressive muscle relaxation (PMR). By focusing on your muscles and tensing them for a few seconds, followed by relaxing them for a few more seconds, your body will follow this pattern leading to reduced anxiety.
- Relaxation-response techniques can help you relax by removing the negative association with the symptoms of anxiety. The relaxation response is a physiological state that can be induced though relaxation techniques such as meditation, music or guided imagery.
- Exercise is often underrated as a way to reduce stress and anxiety in your body. Find something that you enjoy doing and do it frequently if you need to manage your stress levels.
- Eating a healthy diet, getting plenty of sleep and drinking enough water can help keep you healthy.
7. By tips about learning how to control your breathing, ou will also be able to gradually control your anxiety, and finally, chase it away from your valuable life. Try deep breathing while you focus on imagining a place with no worries or fears. Once this becomes comfortable for you, you should try visualizing a place where nothing frightens or upsets you, such as a picture of an island in the ocean, where grass is green and trees are tall. As these scenes become more vivid in your mind, imagine them becoming clearer and clearer until the scene is so real in your mind that it feels like actually standing there. I often fall asleep doing this before my alarm clock goes off!
How can Anxiety Controls you if you don’t Control it?
Yes, if you are not able to control anxiety, it will gain control over you. If you are unable to overcome your depression and anxiety, the effect of it will become worse and worse over time. How does this happen? When you are depressed, you start getting in touch with negative thoughts, you have a feeling that there is little or no hope for better future. You think that the only solution left is death. This thought creates even more anxiety than you had before, which naturally makes you even more depressed.
Also Read: 12 tips on how to fall asleep quick
If you experience panic attacks in social situations and you have no available tips to take them under control, you may have anxiety, which may create a lot of problems in your valuable life. You will avoid social functions and have trouble performing at your job. You may isolate yourself from people and begin to experience problems with relationships. As a result, you are more likely to be seen as a depressed or anxious person, which will further reinforce your own anxiety symptoms.
So, it is better to find the best tips to get control over your anxiety and get rid of it in your valuable life as soon as possible. And as always, you should consult a doctor if you feel anxiety is becoming a problem(even minor problem) in your lifestyle.