With the rise of smart phones and other electronics, almost every people use Google to find what they’re looking for on the internet. Google searches for topics such as “best holiday sites” or “order a pizza” for users. It means if you want to get your website at the top of the results page, still more in the year 2022, you need to optimize it for Google! But how does one go about doing this? Keep reading to find out!
The History of Search Engines
The first ever search engine was developed by Larry Page and Sergey Brin in 1998. It was called BackRub and it was designed for searching within hyperlink directories, like the Amazon website. As well as measuring traffic, it was used to measure the number of clicks made to a website by visitors. The second search engine was developed in 1999 by AltaVista and it was called “The Snapshot.”
With its first launch in March 1999, Snapshot’s Main Page showed the user page rankings of web pages that they had ranked on. Founded in 2000, Ask Jeeves (also known as Ask.com) provides information about companies, products and services around the world. In 2001, Google appeared. It may surprise you to know that Google was not the first search engine in the world, but it soon became the most popular one. Google has several advanced features that allow you to search very quickly and efficiently. In 2004, Microsoft developed Live Search which offers a large amount of information on a variety of topics.
How do Search Engines Work?
These days, your websites search ranking is determined by how many people visit your website or blog and how long they stay on the site (i.e. their time on page). Your search ranking is also boosted when you have unique, interesting, and relevant content on your website, along with a high number of websites linking to you.
In order to get your website at the top of Google’s search results page, you have to create content that people are interested in reading. Here are some ideas for topics about which you could write content like this:
- A blog about a popular sport or topic. For example, if you are interested in baseball, you could write about the latest baseball news.
- It would be interesting to read about new technology you’ve just purchased, such as a new computer or phone. If your website is about technology and you have some ideas for articles that would be interesting to write for other people, this is something that will help your search ranking!
- Promote local businesses by writing reviews on them! An example of this would be writing an article explaining why people should shop in your local supermarket instead of buying stuff online.
- Reviewing new movies or television shows. You could write a review on the latest movie that you have seen and give it a rating out of five stars.
- Try writing a blog post explaining why you think the best restaurant in town is actually terrible! Other people will share and comment on it, which will help improve your search ranking even more!
Social Media Marketing
Social media is incredibly important when it comes to marketing yourself online, as many people use social media networks to find new websites that they want to visit. A website that is relevant to the people who use social networks will definitely gain more popularity. For example, people who are interested in food might use Facebook to find out about new restaurants. One of the most popular social media networks is Twitter, and many people probably use this network to find out what’s happening in their city or state.
If you want your website to be found by more people on social media networks like Facebook and Twitter, then you will have to share your website with other people. Promote your content on social media networks relevant to your business by posting short articles there. Moreover, your content will be discovered by more people if you post short articles on other social media networks.
Crucial Tips to Rank on Top
There are a lot of things to consider when it comes to a website’s (Google) search engine ranking, but there are two key factors that can really make a difference.
- On Google, you can get your site ranked by building a strong backlink profile. This means getting other websites to link to yours! For example, if your website is about baseball and you want to get more people reading it, you should ask a blog related to the subject of baseball to link back to your site. This will help you rank higher in Google’s search results page because it shows that others think your site is useful and interesting!
- You can also try to improve your Domain Authority (DA) and Page Authority (PA). Both of these factors can help your website show up at the top of search results. DA measures how authoritative the website is in your industry, while PA measures how influential it is among other websites in its industry. To be more successful on Google, you need to have a high DA and high PA!
- In addition, link building can help improve your search engine ranking! When you link to other sites, you need to use content that is relevant to the other site’s topic. This will improve your Website Authority (WA) and Domain Authority (DA). You should be using content that is keyword-rich to improve those numbers because this will help make it easier for people to find you when they do an online search.
Keywords, Tags and Linking to Get Website Top of Google
When it comes to getting your website on the first page of Google’s search results, keywords are also important. Keywords are phrases that people use to search for things online, and you should use keywords in your content that are related to your topic!
- You should also include title tags (tags at the beginning of a webpage) since these will influence how many users click on them and ultimately read them. The title tags need to be relevant, particularly if they are about the same topic as your article. If you want to impress visitors, start using SUMMARY tags at the end of your article so they can quickly see what it’s all about without having to read through the whole article.
-Likewise, outbound linking is important when it comes to search engine ranking! When you have a website, you should link other websites in your content because this will help to improve the search ranking of both your site and those sites that you link to. You can also use one-way linking by referencing an authority site or a smaller blog that is relevant to your industry.
- Images are another factor in search engine optimization – people like photos on social media! Don’t use stock images for this because if others are using the same image, there is a chance that Google will think it’s spam. Make sure that you only use images that are relevant as well as text-rich.
Quality of Post
Despite your desire to rank high on Google’s search results page, it is important not to overdo it. If you produce a website with spammy or keyword-heavy content, Google will penalize it and lower its ranking. This means that you will have much less of a chance of getting your website at the top for those keywords.
To ensure that your content is high quality, make sure to use keywords in a natural way in order to describe the topic of your blog or website. Moreover, don’t overuse keywords, as this will not help your website’s search ranking. Instead, you should use the keywords once or twice at the beginning of a paragraph and then make a reference to them, which will make them seem more natural.
If you don’t feel as though you have enough original ideas for blog posts, don’t worry! Google recommends that bloggers should write between 200 and 500 words per post. The recommendation is 400 words, but if you feel like that’s too short, then go ahead and write more. The key is to ensure that people who visit your site are interested in what you have written about.
You can rank a website in Google when you create good, quality content. However, there are some things that you need to completely avoid in your post or website if you want to rank on Google. Here are some things that should never appear on your website:
- In the past, “keyword stuffing” was a highly effective way of writing content so that it could be found more easily on the internet. These days, it is not used much and has been banned for many years.
- Too many ads: If you run ads all over your blog or website, this will turn people off. Instead, use relevant ads that are relevant to your blog or website. Creating your own blog is a great way to do this!
- Links to other websites – Links in the content of your site are good as long as you link to very relevant websites. For example, if you’re writing about a brand of phone, it would be a good idea to link out to the company’s website and mention the name of the device that you bought or reviewed.
- Excessive use of keywords: What are we talking about here? Keyword stuffing! We told you not to do it! If an article is full of keywords, it will be very difficult for people who visit your site to read. Keep in mind that keywords in the title are not as important as other keywords. The ranking of an article will usually be much higher than that of a page with lots of keywords in the title.
- Other forms of keyword stuffing: Using too many synonyms, acronyms or misspelled words to increase traffic might seem like a good idea at first, but it makes it less likely your readers will search for your website using the same words!
- Google Analytics integration: This is another type of website spam that nobody wants on their website! The ability to view how often a particular website has been visited can be very useful for websites. However, to get the most out of it, Google Analytics must be used correctly. The problem is that many people (including site owners) think that a tracking cookie is a way for you to track someone when you visit their website. This is not true! Tracking cookies are meant to be used on websites that have no personally identifiable information on them – but that’s not what sites like Google Analytics are there for! In fact, Google will turn off analytics if a site has been found to be using tracking cookies.
Most websites that rank in search engines usually link back to other websites, primarily blogs and websites with similar content and topics.
Also read: How to make money online easily this year?
You probably know how important search engine optimization(SEO) is for your website in order to be found on Google. When you search for a keyword or phrase, Google shows you the websites that are most relevant to your search term. So it’s important that you create good content for your website and optimize it in order to be shown on the search results page. Hopefully this blog post has helped!